Veterans of the military have sacrificed a great deal to protect our freedom. The United States government offers certain benefits to those who served and their families, but the process of applying for and utilizing these benefits can be challenging. If you are a veteran or the loved one of a veteran, talking to an experienced veterans’ benefits attorney can help you get every available benefit.
The Law Office of Jeffrey M. Janeiro, P.L., helps veterans and their families get the benefits that they deserve. Our Naples estate planning lawyers help people in Florida and across the United States apply for and create a plan to maximize these veterans’ benefit. You can talk to one of our skilled attorneys in a consultation by calling us at 239-513-2324.
What Types Of Benefits Are Available?
Even if you did not retire from the military or become injured in the line of duty, you can still get many kinds of benefits. Both living veterans and the surviving family members of veterans may be able to get these benefits depending on their circumstances.
The U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs (VA) offers many types of benefits to veterans and their families, including:
- Burial and memorial services, which is the burial of a deceased veteran
- A survivor’s pension, also called a death pension, which surviving spouses and children can receive
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation (DIC), which is tax-free money paid to those who lost a loved one in the line of duty or as the result of a service-related injury or disease.
- Disability compensation, which is a regular monthly payment to those who have a service-related disability
- Special Monthly Compensation (SMC), which is extra money available to those who have a special circumstance or disability which requires more compensation
- Veterans Health Care, which is a full range of health care services provided to veterans and some family members depending on their circumstances
- Veterans Life Insurance, Servicemembers’ Group Life Insurance (SGLI) is an inexpensive life insurance program that covers active service members and members of the Ready Reserve or National Guard
The VA may deny you and your family’s deserved benefits on your first application. Our lawyers will fight to get your benefits and work with you to create a solid plan for the future.
Learn How We Can Help You
In a consultation at our firm, we will tell you how we can assist you in obtaining benefits. Call us now at 239-513-2324 or send us a message to schedule your consultation.