Edward L. Schimmel recently moved his office to a newly renovated space at 715 S. Coy Rd. in Oregon, Ohio. Prior to moving, his office was located at 4303 Woodville Rd. for the past 11 years, where he practiced with the law firm of Hizer, Mahaffey & Schimmel. Ed also practices law in Naples Florida, where he focuses on personal bankruptcy matters.
Ed is a graduate of Northwood High School, received a BA in Political Science from the University of Toledo, and a law degree from the University of Toledo School of Law. He is a life long resident of Northwood, and is currently the Mayor of the City of Northwood, Prior to being elected Mayor in 2015, he was elected twice to Northwood City Council.
Ed and his wife Carolyn have 3 children. In his free time he enjoys farming with his father, traveling, and fly fishing.
Ed’s knowledge of municipal laws gives him a unique perspective when handling your legal matter.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Chapter 12 Bankruptcy
- Estate Planning
- Tax Preparation and Resolution
- Residential and Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- Land & Property Acquisitions
- Criminal Defense Law
- Auto & Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Civil Litigation
- University of Toledo College of Law, Toledo, Ohio
- J.D. – 2000
- Eastern Michigan University
- B.S. – 1996
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Member of OH & FL Bar